1. After you have submitted a CPT Application, it will be reviewed by an Academic Advisor to ensure:
While we work hard to expedite all CPT Applications, students must always allow a minimum of 10 business days for CPT Applications to be processed.
- your application packet is complete and correct
- your job is compatible with your program of study
- you are academically eligible for CPT
2. If you are a new student applying for CPT, your Application will be put on hold until:
- the $250 non-refundable Admissions Processing Fee has been paid
- the University Check-In has been completed
- the student has been enrolled in classes
- the student's SEVIS record has been released to CU
3. You will be able to follow the progress of your CPT Application through myGlobalCU
4. If clarification or corrections are required, you will be contacted by email.
5. When your application has been verified by an Academic Advisor, a DSO will review your submission again to be sure your CPT can be authorized.
6. If further clarification or corrections are required, you will be contacted again by email.
7. If CPT cannot be authorized, you will receive an email notification stating why.
8. If CPT is authorized, you will receive an email notification about downloading your digital I-20.
9. Within 2 weeks of your CPT being authorized, the BA 500 Experiential Learning course will be added to Moodle and then the charge will appear on your Student Account.