Frequently Asked Questions

SEVIS Record: How can I add or reactivate a dependent?

To have an F-2 dependent added to your record, you must provide the following documentation:

  • Proof of Sufficient Financial Funding (additional $2,000 per dependent)
  • For a Spouse:
    • a copy of your Marriage Certificate
    • a copy of spouse’s valid Passport (photo page and parent page)
  • For a Child:
    • must be under 21 years of age
    • must be unmarried
    • must not be within 90 days of their 21st birthday
    • a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate
    • a copy of the child’s valid Passport (photo page and parent page, unless the child is registered in the parent’s passport)
  • For Reactivation of a Dependent SEVIS Record:
    • SEVIS Number to be reactivated
When you have gathered your information and documentation, you may use the Add or Reactivate a Dependent request form.

F-2 is a nonimmigrant visa type. Dependents who are US citizens do not need visas, cannot have F-2 status, and should not be added to your SEVIS record.

Please Wait!

Please wait... it will take a second!