Frequently Asked Questions

Dependent: How Can I Remove a Dependent?

To have an F-2 dependent removed from your record, you must provide the applicable documentation:

  • proof of dependent’s Change of Status (Form I-797)
  • dependent’s Proof of Departure from the US
  • copy of the dependent’s Death Certificate
  • copy of the Divorce Decree

When you have the documentation ready, you may use the Remove a Dependent request form. You must submit a separate request for every dependent you would like to remove.

This may have a direct effect on your dependent’s lawful status in the US by causing the dependent to be out of status or unable to return. Please consider consulting an Immigration Attorney before proceeding.

Please Wait!

Please wait... it will take a second!